Rules & Regulations
How to Use Parks & Who May Use Parks
- Subject to these rules and regulations, all individual inhabitants of the Great Neck Park District who hold valid identification cards issued as herein provide, may use said parks.
- An identification card will be issued, without charge, to each individual who shall apply with proper personal identification at the specified by the Board of Commissioners.
- No such card shall be transferable and every such card shall expire and be void on the date and time as may be fixed and specified the Board of Commissioners.
- Unless otherwise ordered by the Board of Commissioners of said District, all parks will be open every day from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Said Board of Commissioners is not responsible for injury sustained by any person while using any park of said District, nor for any of property lost, stolen or damaged in any such park. (Section 4.0 General Ordinance)
Excerpts From General Ordinance & Applicable Hereto
- Except as otherwise ordered by said Board of Commissioners, no person shall use any park of said District or any property therin unless he or she is the holder of an identification card covering the time of such use, issued to him or her by authority of said Board of Commissioners and no person, other than an employee of said Board of commissioners, shall be or remain in any such park between the hour of 9 o'clock in the evening and 7 o'clock in the morning. (Section 3.0, Section 3.1, Section 3.2, Section 3.3, and Section General Ordinance)
- No person shall enter or leave any such park except through an established entrance or exit. (Section 5.1 General Ordinance)
- No dog or other animal shall be brought into or allowed to remain in any such park. (Section 5.2 General Ordinance)
- No alcoholic or dangerous drug shall be used, sold, given away or otherwise disposed of in any such park. The consumption of alcoholic beverages and the bringing in of same is prohibited except in those areas designated by the Board of Commissioners. (Section 5.3 General Ordinance)
- No person shall mutilate, deface or damage any park property or break, cut, remove or injure any flower, shrub or tree in any such way. (Section 5.4 General Ordinance)
- No person shall dump or deposit any bottle, glass, can, metal, paper, garbage, or rubbish within any such park, except in a receptacle provided for that purpose. (Section 5.5 General Ordinance)
- No person shall vend, hawk, peddle or distribute any article of merchandise or circulate any advertising matter or post any signs, bi placard within any such park, without first obtaining written authority to do so from said Board of commissioners. (Section 5.6 General Ordinance)
- No person shall call, assemble, hold or participate in any mass meeting or public meeting in any such park unless such meeting is formally authorized by said Board of Commissioners. (Section 5.7 General Ordinance)
- No person shall fire any gun or pistol, or shoot, cast or throw any arrow, dart, stone or similar missile in any park of said District. No person shall ride any bicycle or motor vehicle in any park of said District, except in areas designated by the Board of Commissioners. (Section 5.8 General Ordinance)
- Any person within, or who seeks entrance to, any park of said District, upon demand of any park attendant at any time, shall exhibit his or her identification card to such park attendant. The park attendant in charge of any wading pool may prevent the use thereof by a person whenever he considers such use dangerous to such person or to others using such pool. (Section 5.9 General Ordinance)
Additional Excerpts From General Ordinance & Applicable Hereto
- The New York State Vehicle and Traffic Law regarding traffic control and motor vehicles shall control the operation of motor vehicles within the various parks, however, such additional directions for traffic and motor vehicles as may be posted on signs shall be regarded as part of the rules and regulations for traffic control in parking areas. Speed limit through the park area shall be 10 miles per hour. All vehicles shall be operated only along areas shown as driveways and in the direction of road markings. (Section 8.0 General Ordinance)
- Instruction in operating automobiles or other vehicles is prohibited in all parks at all times. (Section 8.1 General Ordinance)
- No person shall in any park grease or lubricate or make any repairs in any vehicle except those of a minor nature in case of an emergency. (Section 8.2 General Ordinance)
- The Board of Commissioners of the Great Neck Park District shall designate areas to be used for picnics and outings. All organized picnics and outings shall first obtain a permit from the Board of Commissioners of the District. (Section 9.0 General Ordinance)
- No person shal kindle, build or maintain or use a fire anywhere in the parks of the Great Neck Park District except in fireplaces provided for the purpose as herein above provided. Any fire shall be continuously under the care and direction of a competent person over 18 years of age from the time it is kindled until the time it is extinguished. No person shall throw away or discard a lighted match, cigar or cigarette within, on, or against any building, structure, boat, car, vehicle, or enclosure, or under any tree or under brush or grass unless it be to deposit the same in suitable containers provided for the reception thereof. (Section 10.0 Ordinance)
- It shall be unlawful for any person to abandon, discard, leave or place any article of personal property in such person's possession in any park area within the jurisdiction of the Great Neck Park District, ant etc... (Section 11.0 General Ordinance)
- Every person shall conduct himself or herself in an orderly manner and shall endeavor to cause no discomfort or inconvenience to any person or patron. (Section 12.0 General Ordinance)
- Any person violating the provisions of these rules and regulations, in addition to being subject to any other penalties provided fro in these rules and regulations, may be forthwith removed from any local park by the person in charge thereof, any may be barred from further use of said facility. (Section 12.1 General Ordinance)
Baseball, football, soft-ball may be played within the areas provided for such games in the Athletic Field, Kings Point Park, and Allenwood Park; all subject to the supervisors and direction of the park attendant in charge thereof. Basketball may be played in Cuttermill Park, Wyngate Park, Upalnds Park, and Lakeville Park.
Penalty for Violation
In addition to any sanction heretofore provided, a person who violate any of the foregoing Rules and Regulations shall be guilty of violation of same and shall, on conviction thereof, be punished by a fine, not exceeding fifty dollars, or, in default of payment of such fine, by imprisonment not exceeding 10 days.
- Said Board of Commissioners reserves the right to amend or repeal the Rules, Regulations and Ordinance herein contained and referred to or any part thereof.
- The foregoing rules and regulations shall take effect immediately.